The 2016/17 Astute Capital Management Summer Series of time trials is an 7 race series where your best 5 results count towards your overall placing at the end of the series. This series is open to all paddlers not just members of CWA clubs. So come on down to the events and see if downwind ocean paddling is for you, we have water safety at all events and prizes post event, nothing fancy, bragging rights are the main thing here.
Each race of the series has a dedicated sponsor. Indian Ocean Paddlers would like to thank them all as well as our series overall sponsor, Astute Capital Management .
Race fees are $15 per race for IOP members and $25 for non-members.
Please use your CWA membership ID to get the discounted entry price.
Note that the race entry system is not linked to the CWA system so please allow a day or two for CWA membership database to be manually synchronised with the online rego system . Or e-mail us and we can update as soon as our timetable allows.
Unless noted otherwise in the Series Race Information table :
- Race day registration is from 2.30 pm, in the park just in front of the Surf Club, at Swanbourne .
- Race briefing will be at 3.20 pm .
- Race start at 3:30 pm ( first wave ).
- Three separate, self seeded race starts – Slow/inexperienced, followed by intermediate/experienced, then elite paddlers .
- Race finishes in front of the Surf Club at Sorrento Beach.
- Mandurah races start in Castaway Canal, off the Dawesville Channel at 2:00pm, finish at Mandurah SLSC . Course maps are available here .
Series Leader Board
You will be able to find out whose front running the pack on our Series Leader Board .
Series Race Information
|Participants / Results||Sponsored By|
||22 October||Swanbourne to
||5 November||Swanbourne to
|4||17 December||Sorrento to Trigg
||7 January||Minninup Beach to
City of Bunbury SLSC
|2:30pm||City of Bunbury SLSC|
|6||11 March||Swanbourne to
- Leg leash and PFD are mandatory on all paddles.
- Surf Life Saving craft and members have the right to tell you to get off the water.
“Register Now” buttons/links will appear in the Series Race Information table when the system is ready to receive entries .
Notification of registration availability and a direct link will also be arriving in your e-mail inbox if you are subscriber to our Tribe Talk newsletter .
If you need to supply your member ID for a race entry and can’t remember it, you can find it by logging on to the Canoeing Australia Membership site