Our five Winter Series races are open ocean time trials that start and finish in front of the Sorrento Surf Club . Open to all paddlers not just members of CWA clubs . Races entry is $10 for all participants .
The series is proudly brought to you by
Unless noted otherwise in the Series Race Information table :
- Race day registrations from a half hour before race start, at Sorrento Beach
- Race briefing will be 5 minutes before race start .
- Races start and finish in front of the Surf Club at Sorrento Beach.
- The course will depend on conditions on the day, but the most likely scenario is an out and back run towards Trigg Island . The committee may change the course depending on forecast conditions one or two days preceding the event. If conditions on race day are deemed unsuitable, the event will be cancelled. Any changes will be posted on Facebook and our website, and e-mailed to you via our newsletter .
- The race will be a wave start with self grading into Inexperienced, Experienced and Elite categories .
Series Leader Board
Once the series starts you will be able to find out whose front running the pack on our Series Leader Board .
Series Race Information
|Participants / Results||Sponsored By|
|27 May||Sorrento Beach||7:00am||7:30am|
|17 June||Sorrento Beach||7:00am||7:30am|
||8 July||Sorrento Beach||7:00am||7:30am|
||12 Aug||Sorrento Beach||7:00am||7:30am|
||26 Aug||Sorrento Beach||7:00am||7:30am|
- Leg leash and PFD are mandatory on all paddles.
- Surf Life Saving craft and members have the right to tell you to get off the water.
For those carrying a (water-proofed !) mobile phone, the emergency contact number for during the race is 0423 893 196 .
“Register Now” buttons will appear in the Series Race Information table when the system is ready to receive entries .
Notification of registration availability and a direct link will also be arriving in your e-mail inbox if you are subscriber to our Tribe Talk newsletter .
If you need to supply your member ID for a race entry and can’t remember it, you can find it by logging on to the Canoeing Australia Membership site.